The Calcutta Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1954 and founded by Norman L. Neal. The department purchased their first truck and had 9 firefighters on staff. In 2001 the department moved into its new Fire Station on Pugh Rd, across the street from the old one. The new facility features drive thru bays, decontamination showers, training room, office space, and room for expansion on the second floor. The department covers 30 square miles of rural urban communities. Currently protecting a population of 8,000+, with a over 600 businesses, two schools, a college, Beaver Creek State Park, and one of the busiest roads in Columbiana County. The Calcutta Volunteer Fire Department has strived to keep pace with the fast growing township to include introducing our first ambulance in June of 2022.


The staff has expanded into various areas. The Inspection Bureau consists of an inspector who conducts inspections and review plans. The training division has one certified instructor, who train station personnel. Natural Disaster Search and Rescue Response Team. EMS Division handling medical calls and transport for St. Clair Twp and surrounding areas. Firefighters have received training in Firefighting, Hazmat, Radiation Monitoring, EMT, Medical Assistance, Rescue, Ice Water Rescue, Search & Rescue and Rope Rescue.

OUR HISTORY
Brush 32 Side X Side Rescue Unit
C30 Command Vehicle


M38 Ambulance

Calcutta Volunteer Fire Department Life Protection

Tanker 32
RESCUE 32 
SQUAD 34 Brush Truck
EMERGENCY # Calcutta
FIRE & EMS
330-386-5311



ENGINE 32
APPARATUS
Calcutta Fire & Rescue